Just because you are married doesn’t mean that you can’t go out on a date – with your spouse that is. Dates keep the romance fresh and alive in a relationship. Here are seven date ideas that don’t even require leaving home.
- Have a Picnic on the Floor. This is one place where the weather won’t change. The conditions in your home are perfect for a picnic anytime. Spread out the traditional gingham blanket and let the fun begin. Turn off the television and turn on the environmental music sounds to achieve the full effect of the outdoor atmosphere.
- What about a Movie Night?We all like to turn down the lights and enjoy a good flick. This type of date is perfect for parents of small children. Once the little ones are tucked in bed and off in la-la land, set the scene. Pop a large bag or two of popcorn and your favorite drinks and snuggle up on the couch or a blanket on the floor. Take turns watching each other’s favorite type of movies.
- Game Night. What are your favorite games? Mix it up a bit between board games, video games, and kid’s games. Yes, I said kid’s games. You and your husband can play hopscotch, Twister, or I Spy. Try a game of Scrabble–strip scrabble! The night is about laughs and getting to know each other again, so have fun with it.
- A Night of Karaoke Fun. You may not sound like a professional songstress, but that shouldn’t stop you from having a good night of laughs singing your heart out. Sing romantic songs together that you enjoyed when you were dating. Go one step further and dress the part before the performance. Take turns singing love songs to each other.
- Spend a Winter in the Mountains. If it’s cold outside, find warmth around a cozy fire. In the absence of a fireplace, light some candles for a romantic mood. Make a cozy pallet on the floor and serve hot cocoa with marshmallows. Enjoy some wine, cheese, and fresh fruit together to help you keep warm.
- What about a Spa Night? Dress up in terry cloth robes and fuzzy slippers. Give each other manicures and pedicures. Men aren’t too practiced in this area so your handiwork may look better than his, but it is the thought that counts. Finish up with massages.
- Night at the Strip Club. For a bit more seductive living room date, take it all off – literally. Leading up to the date, pick out your outfits and practice your “routine.” Don’t take it too seriously though. Have some fun with it and each other.
You don’t have to leave your home to have an interesting date.Turn your living room into any locale you can imagine to make it fun and out of the ordinary.